Network Bus Extender
Part #: NBE100-01
Maretron's NBE100 (Network Bus Extender) allows you to extend the maximum node count, network trunk length and cumulative drop length of any NMEA 2000 network. The NBE100 solves bus errors and other electrical issues caused by exceeding any of these limitations and makes design of large networks easier. NMEA 2000 networks have a maximum of 50 nodes allowed on a single network, a maximum network trunk length of 200m and a maximum cumulative drop length of 78m. If you have a network that exceeds any of these specifications, you can simply disconnect the network trunk in the middle and connect the ends to the NBE100, along with additional termination resistors. This will split the network into two electrical segments, each of which can have up to 50 nodes, for a total of 100 nodes on the logical network. The NBE100 will transparently route NMEA 2000 messages between the two network segments, making them work as a single logical NMEA 2000 network. Advanced priority-based message routing ensures that higher-priority messages are always prioritized over lower-priority messages, enabling predictable and reliable network operation.
- Segments a single large NMEA 2000 network into two smaller electrical segments
- Allows you to exceed the 50 node limitation on a NMEA 2000 network
- Allows you to exceed the 200m trunk length limitation on a NMEA 2000 network
- Allows you to exceed the 78m cumulative drop length limitation on a NMEA 2000 network
- Allows all NMEA 2000 devices to operate as if they were still on a single NMEA 2000 network
- Priority-based message routing ensures higher-priority messages get through the bus extender first
- Optically isolates network segments, increasing signal integrity and network reliability
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Data Interface: NMEA 2000
- Box Dimensions: 1"H x 4"W x 6"L WT: 0.7 lbs
- UPC: 873804003078
Owner's Manual (pdf)